Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stephen A. Smith's Hockey Rant Could Possibly Go Viral?



So Stephen A. Smith gets on your nerves? Well for hockey fans, it's about to raise to a whole new level. Stephen A. Smith the other day had his take on ESPN about the point streak that the Chicago Blackhawks have been creating in today's hockey history. Chicago's record today stands at 21-0-3, making that no regulation losses in the entire season.

ESPN said, "Hey, let's compare them to one of our greatest content teams on the show!": The Miami Heat. Now I love doing cross-sport comparisons so just listen to Stephen A. Smith's comparison with the Blackhawks point streak & the Heat's 16-game win streak:



I'm not going to get nit-picky here & say the same thing that every hockey fan is screaming at the top of there lungs because I get it, Stephen A. Smith doesn't know hockey. Yes, there's no ties now & the Miami Heat are king in both the city where I live & the sports media world, but what bothers me is the disrespect allowed on ESPN.

It's just sad to see a "professional" trash a sport that isn't his favorite. I'm guilty of doing this to football, but I recognize the immense popularity & devotion the players have to their passion. My hats off to you NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment