Friday, October 25, 2013

Is 2013-14 Becoming the Year of the Head Shots?

Before I get into this, let me just say that I have mulling over this idea for a week now. Every time I think about writing on this subject, something new comes up (& it's usually more disturbing). It's finally time to push this to the front of the list & blow some steam off.

We aren't even done with the first month of the 2013-14 NHL season, & we have more concussions & suspensions than stats & games to talk about. Everyday on SiriusXM they moan & complain about Patrick Kaleta & John Scott. Mike Milbury on NBC post game (or whatever station you're watching him on, doesn't matter) went off on Buffalo Sabres' goon, John Scott, for his hit on Boston Bruins' Loui Ericsson & on coach Ron Rolston for not having any sense of discipline or remorse for the actions occurring in the locker room & on the ice. Check out Mike going off:



For once, I actually agree with Mike. My favorite term I've heard over the past few days to describe the play & attitude of Buffalo is "dumpster fire". Whether its filled with excrement or not, "dumpster fire"is the exact term I'd use for the Sabres. Here's the hit by Kaleta that seemed to start it all:



Aren't those Shanahan videos sexy? Gives me goosebumps every time I watch them. Anyways, as we can see by the two hits, they're almost in the exact same spot of the arena & by the same team on different dates. God this team is bad. Let's switch from the Sabres & show what other hits this year have warranted suspension:




I feel like this will continue this season. Either players are not keeping their head up, or there are simply that many malicious players out here today. Maybe the embellishment of a hit is creating injury. Rather than trying to roll off a hit or look back when going into a corner, players are trying to draw penalties for their team, then paying the ultimate penalty. Whatever it is, I hope it gets fixed soon. I do not want to write a "part 2" on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment